packaging cswcommon

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 17 11:00:35 CET 2015

Hi Carsten,

Am 17.12.2015 um 09:47 schrieb Carsten Grzemba <grzemba at contac-dt.de>:
> I try to puzzle out how to package cswcommon for IPS

I would try to drop CSWcommon in IPS, it serves almost no purpose.
It is essentially directory stubs, pkg-hooks which are not there in IPS,
links from lib/64 to lib/sparcv9 which can be shipped by each package
and thats it.

> in gar.pkg.mk is a line
>
> $(PROTOTYPE): $(WORKDIR) merge
>     $(_DBG)cswproto $(if $(INCLUDE_COMMONDIRS),,-c $(GARDIR)/etc/commondirs-$(GARCH)) -r $(PKGROOT) $(PKGROOT)=$(if $(ALLOW_RELOCATE),,'/') >$@
>
> so that cswproto can generate the common dirs.
> But variable INCLUDE_COMMONDIRS is used nowhere and now there is a script build_common.sh in cswcommon recipe so I assume that cswproto do not generate the common dirs and links.
>
> But I like the idea to have the variable INCLUDE_COMMONDIRS in recipe of cswcommon because that is the only package which should have the common paths.

I would reverse the logic for IPS and include commondirs in each package and not depend
on CSWcommon at all.

Best regards

  — Dago