"Please provide me with a binary for <something>"

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Sun Feb 8 12:31:30 CET 2015

Hi,

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński wrote:
> http://www.opencsw.org/packages/fossil/
>
> Imagine you don't know how to install our packages. There is the
> Download link, but it's a generic link, which redirects you to the
> Getting Started page. You can click it and think this isn't the right
> place to click. Looking for the word "Download" you don't find
> anything else on the page. You look for "install", you also get
> nothing. You see "Actions" -- great, downloading is an action! But no,
> you can only contact the maintainer or view the list of files in the
> package. People see this, and contact the maintainer.
>
> Is anybody up for improving this by at least writing a sentence about
> how to install a package?
Right, I had a look and I share your conclusion that the page is confusion.
It doesn't help that the dowload package is generic and actually just a
link that redirects.
Visually appealing is also the icon at right "get started" but it
redirects to the same page.

Perhaps "Actions" could also be renamed? Some native speaker has an
idea? The meaning here is "Action on the package" not "User actions".
Smething like "Interact" ?

Riccardo