How to find [easy] stuff to do

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 4 14:23:07 CET 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Q: Can I refresh package listed under somebody else's name?
> A: Yes! The exception are the core packages like GCC or Apache. In
> such case talk to people first. As we talked in October[1], we're
> accepting that our package database doesn't reflect reality as to who
> owns (cares about) which package. We only have information about who
> was the last person to upload each package. The two things are
> correlated, but not strongly.
>
> Q: What if I want a package to be assigned to my name?
> A: Rebuild it and re-upload.
>
> Have a happy 2015!
>
> Maciej
>
> [1] http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2014-October/019510.html

Is this official because a couple of people see it that way?
What are the core packages? Please give me a complete list of them. I
remember trying to define tiers in 2011 (?) but we never got anywhere.
Why are "core" packages an exception? As far as I know we don't handle
them any different in any other way.

I still expect to be contacted beforehand but the above pretty much
states that anything goes.