Subversion

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 15 15:26:17 CET 2015

Hi Rupert,

in your subversion update several things are broken. I noticed you bumped the
version and silenced checkpkg:
  https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/source/diff/opencsw/csw/mgar/pkg/subversion/trunk/Makefile?r2=%2Fopencsw%2Fcsw%2Fmgar%2Fpkg%2Fsubversion%2Ftrunk%2FMakefile%4024518&r1=%2Fopencsw%2Fcsw%2Fmgar%2Fpkg%2Fsubversion%2Ftrunk%2FMakefile%4023460

This is unfortunate as the checkpkg errors would have lead you to the issue.
Properly updating subversion is difficult, after investigating for the last two
days these are the prerequisites I have identified:

- location of the subversion config changed back from /opt/csw/etc/subversion to
  /etc/subversion leading to the buildfarm config to be not pulled in.
- libtool needs to be updated to honour gcc 4.9.x tags
- this will probably help in allowing cc/gcc mixture of subversion and the
  foreign function apis
- python module needs to be modulated for 2.6/2.7/3.x

So, please, do not just override the checkpkg errors without investigation or
we will have broken packages.

Thanks

  — Dago