EXTRA_RUNPATH_DIRS, LD_OPTIONS an B direct

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Tue Jan 27 12:56:13 CET 2015

Hi,

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Direct Binding is somewhat complicated and helps in bumping library versions. For details
> please see
>    http://wiki.opencsw.org/checkpkg-error-tags#toc32
> and the linked
>    http://wiki.opencsw.org/proposal:direct-binding-and-as-needed-linking-as-a-default
I understand. For internal libraries it is thus not a problem: if I
upgrade a tool inside gnustep-base, it will be relinked. However,
linking to other packages should follow this rule, if possible: So an
upgrade of a dependency will be detected.

Do you usually link programs using gcc or the linker? Perhaps this is
part of the problem. I made make messages verbose and see this:
/opt/csw/bin/gcc-4.9      -mcpu=v9 -Wa,-xarch=v8plus
-L/opt/csw/GNUstep/lib -L/opt/csw/lib -shared-libgcc  -pthread
-fexceptions -fgnu-runtime -o obj/make_strings \
         ./obj/make_strings.obj/make_strings.m.o
./obj/make_strings.obj/SourceEntry.m.o
./obj/make_strings.obj/StringsEntry.m.o
./obj/make_strings.obj/StringsFile.m.o \
           -L../../Source/./obj
-L/home/rmottola/GNUstep/Library/Libraries
-L/opt/csw/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries
-L/opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries
-L/opt/csw/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries
-L/opt/csw/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries
-L/opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries -L/opt/csw/lib
-lgnustep-base    -lobjc   -lsocket -lnsl -lm

Is this usual? How do other package link?

Riccardo