Goodbye, Sourceforge!

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 1 19:44:51 CEST 2015

Hi,

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Well, the initial reason for using SourceForge as SVN repo was from the experience with
> Blastwave taking down the repo. I don't think it is reasonable to believe this is a
> problem any more. Hosting an SVN repo is not that hard and it would be good to integrate
> that into our existing Trac. As we have raw access to the repo the transition for
> users should be as easy as an "svn switch". Additionally, I don't think we are in any
> hurry, we could also discuss moving to another hoster. Switching the VC (e.g. to Git) is
> a completely different issue I would like to keep out of the discussion for now.

I'm new here and I don't like git much. Just now I am banging my head on
how badly submodules are handled. So,  I agree, let's keep a VC switch
separate.
However, if SF became unreliable, it might be an important switch.
I don't think we classify as an inactive project though and want to know
if these problems apply to normal projects too. (Also because I have my
own project hosted on SF since 2002!)

Riccardo