gnustep-base configure failure on x86

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 3 10:56:36 CET 2015

Le 2015/03/02 22:16 +0100, Riccardo Mottola a écrit:

> Usually there is a link to the latest version. Can the v4 be uninstalled
> from unstable10x? But I am just poking around.

> gcc config.ffi.c -L/opt/csw/lib/ffi -lffi

You can gather it from here. Since it did not fail the linking, it means
it found the .so in the -L directory.

$ ls -l /opt/csw/lib/ffi
total 1
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  root  19 Aug 23  2012 libffi.so -> ../libffi.so.5.0.10

> ./a.out
> Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

That, however, is odd. What it should be saying is that it's not finding
the library, since you've not put -R above. That means you have tinkered
with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or some such, and you are not telling us.

Could you please copy-paste EVERYTHING you've done, instead of trying to
hide stuff?
What is the output of "ldd a.out"? And also, please post the content of
config.ffi.c.

> could it be that we have both libffi 4 and 5 ?

No. That has nothing to do with it.

Laurent