libffi dependencies problem

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 5 21:13:53 CET 2015

Le 2015/03/05 21:04 +0100, Riccardo Mottola a écrit:
> Hi,
>
> in my updated, uncommited libffi package, I added:
> RUNTIME_DEP_PKGS_CSWlibffi6 += CSWlibgcc-s1
> because when compiled with gcc, the libffi is linked against this.
>
> However, mgar tells me:
>
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWlibffi-dev += missing-dependency|CSWlibgcc-s1

A -dev packages should contain only headers, some scripts and symlinks,
so if it tells you it depends on a lib, it means it improperly contains
binaries. Check why. Look at the mgar output, usually it gives the right
syntax for the -dev.
Maybe theres another package that you should create to contain binaries.