Missmatch between web site version and install version.

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 8 19:02:48 CET 2015

> > I cannot see any updates in testing (munich) since 11-Dec-2014
> > (catalog/descriptions) and 25-Nov-2014 for packages
> > (libstdc++6-4.9.2,REV=2014.11.07-SunOS5.10-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz etc). Me
> > wrong?
>
> You're right, munich updates are broken:
>
> 2015/03/05 02:39:29 Problem in the catalog: Package CSWgit declares
> dependency on CSWosshclient but CSWosshclient is missing from the
> {munich sparc SunOS5.10} catalog.

We have monitoring for the updates, but it has a flaw, and doesn't
catch the breakage of munich. Updates run more or less like this:

10:00 OK unstable
10:10 OK unstable
10:20 FAILED unstable+munich
10:30 OK unstable
10:40 OK unstable

If only the unstable+munich+others catalog generation fails,
information about the failure is sent to Nagios. But 10 minutes later,
an unstable generation starts and completes correctly, and the
information about failed munich is lost, Nagios thinks that catalog
generation works fine. To fix this, we need to split this into 2
separate probes / alerts. Could Dago or Jan look at this?