libffi unwind test fails

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 15 23:49:27 CET 2015

Hi Laurent,

Laurent Blume wrote:
> So you get that actually executed:
> + gcc -Wa,--fatal-warnings -m64 -Wall -fexceptions -c conftest1.s
> + gcc conftest2.c conftest1.o
>
> The first succeeds, creates a 64 bit object. The second fails, because
> it tries to link a 64 bit object in 32 bit mode (the default).
>
> Add a $CFLAGS, it'll work better. Report upstream too.

keen eyes! that was it.
When I executed the test manually, I instictively added -m64 and thus it
workd for me!

Patched, built and commited. The brand new packages are uploaded. "mgar
platforms" packaged solaris 9 x86 fine too.

I also sent the bug upstream with the patch, hopefully they merge it in.

Riccardo