problem uploading a package due to solaris 11

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 29 22:33:29 CEST 2015

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 09:58:14PM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> On 03/29/15 19:10, Maciej Bliziński wrote:
> >On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 07:04:04PM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>when I try to upload my new gnustep-back packages, I get:
> >>
> >>Checking 1 package against catalog unstable i386 SunOS5.10
> >>Checking 1 package against catalog unstable sparc SunOS5.10
> >>Checking 1 package against catalog unstable i386 SunOS5.11
> >>Checking 1 package against catalog unstable sparc SunOS5.11
> >>Checks failed for the following catalogs:
> >>   - sparc SunOS5.11
> >>     gnustep_back-0.24.0,REV=2015.03.27-SunOS5.10-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
> >>To see the errors, run:
> >>   /home/rmottola/opencsw/.buildsys/v2/bin/../lib/python/checkpkg2.py
> >>--catalog-release unstable --os-release SunOS5.11 --catalog-architecture
> >>sparc f72ad449eda9058e2f3b0f9f2852e881
> >>Your packages have not been submitted to the unstable catalog.
> >>
> >>The error says:
> >>
> >>Traceback (most recent call last):
> >>   File "/home/rmottola/opencsw/.buildsys/v2/bin/../lib/python/checkpkg2.py",
> >>line 16, in <module>
> >>     from lib.python import checkpkg_lib
> >>ImportError: No module named lib.python
> >The immediate problem is that Python needs to find its libraries, and
> >the paths to libraries need to be passed via the PYTHONPATH env
> >variable.
> >
> >export PYTHONPATH=.../path/to/gar
> >
> >It could be "~/opencsw/.buildsys".
> >
> >Another possibility to see the error tags is via http, using the md5
> >sum to identify your package:
> >http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/pkgdb/srv4/f72ad449eda9058e2f3b0f9f2852e881/
> It would be nice if that URL could be "spit out"  when the error happens. So
> many "tricks" here I forget.

Feel free to adjust the code to do that, and submit. You can grep for
"To see the errors" in ~/opencsw/.buildsys to find the place where the
suggestion is printed to screen.

> In the log I see:
> soname-not-found
> <http://wiki.opencsw.org/checkpkg-error-tags#soname-not-found>
> libXcursor.so.1 is needed by opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Library/Bundles/libgnustep-back-024.bundle/libgnustep-back-024
>
> does this mean I need an added dependency or override which is not detected
> on 10 but is on 11? why?
>
> I have no clue how the check on solaris 11 is done compared to 11.
>
> An answer then could tell what action is needed.

Checks are done the same way on all systems. Checkpkg has an list of
shared libraries on all Solaris versions, and when a library says it
needs, say, libfoo.so.1, checkpkg tries to see if that library would be
found. When it doesn't find that library, it prints this message.

There can be false positives, for example checkpkg can't know about
LD_LIBRARY_PATH or other tricks done at runtime.

If you can, try to figure out what happens with libgnustep-back-024 on
Solaris 11 (ssh unstable11s; ldd .../libgnustep-back-024).

Also, does the functionality from libgnustep-back-024 run correctly on
S11? If so, you can add an override.