GCC 5.1.0

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon May 4 14:00:48 CEST 2015

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 10:17:27AM +0200, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I made some experimental packages for GCC 5.1.0. They are available from experimental at
>   http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#gcc5
> The compiler is also installed on experimental10s and experimental10x. GCC5 support in
> GAR has been added in r24924, you can select the compile explicitly with
>   GARCOMPILER = GCC5

Very cool, thanks for doing this!

> Due to some file collisions the main packages are marked incompatible to their respective
> GCC4 counterparts.

This means that when we decide to switch to GCC5, the whole buildfarm will
have to switch at once, and we won't be able to set it at will in the build
recipe.

> Please give them a try and let me know if it works or if you encounter any issues.
> Unfortunately the issues we had with GCC 4.9 with respect to GO and gcj are still
> present. It looks like errors won’t go away all by themselves…

I wish I had the skill to debug this. Just to get a stack trace from the
segfault, you need to compile the golang runtime with debugging symbols. But
this is the crazy GCC build system doesn't just allow you to pass the -g flag.

Does anyone have experience with debugging GCC itself?