making versioned libpng-dev

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu May 7 10:43:12 CEST 2015

Hi,

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Riccardo,
>
>> Am 07.05.2015 um 10:03 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> we have agreed to make a versioned libpng-dev and I am proceeding doing that. Not everything is clear, but let's do the certain stuff first.
>>
>> 1) make a versioned libpng16-dev, which contains the symlink. I think I prepared that.
>> I get a collision with the unversioned package (obviously, the content is exactly the same)
>>
>> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWlibpng16-dev += file-collision|/opt/csw/lib/sparcv8plus+vis2/libpng.so|CSWlibpng-dev|CSWlibpng16-dev
>>
>> the unversioned package needs to removed forever, right? May you do that on bot sol. 9 and 10?
> No, but obsoleted for now. Add
>    OBSOLETED_BY_CSWlibpng16-dev += CSWlibpng-dev
> and upload both packages at the same time.

I did that for 15-dev, but somehow lost it for 16-dev when doing the
branch :(

>> 2) I did a libpng15-dev, which is a versioned respin of the old developer package without the symlink. I created a branch of libpng for that.
>> The package is ready, I think I should build it for solaris 9 & 10 and upload it?
> Yes. I suggest uploading all CSWlibpng*-dev packages at the same time.

Ok I will upload only the dev packages, not the rest. Actually since
they are platform "all" there is no sparc/intel, there will be four: for
solaris 9 and for solaris10, one for 15 and one for 16.

Building will take some time, I hope that the next message will be a
report of upload success :)

Riccardo