rebuilding gcc4 on solaris 9

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu May 28 09:12:14 CEST 2015

Hi,

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Dig deeper. The failing code is given in config.log, copy+paste that and try invoking
> gcc manually, if that doesn't help inspect the output of using -E (print output after
> preprocessing) and see why the definition of "choke" is missing by following the
> gcc header inclusion trail.

older version need exactly a certain cloog version.

Cloog is only needed for certain high-level optimizations, I disabled
it. I guess it is easier than trying to have more than one cloog version
on the system. I tried to patch to use a newer cloog version, but build
fails.

gcc 4.6.3 is building since yesterday and still going. Unstable9s is not
that fast apparently:) And I still need x86 too

If it builds successfully I will try to upgrade at least to 4.6.4

How can I build only for solaris9 ? I would prefer not to build
solaris10 at all!
My question regards solaris x86: I think that a 64bit is always
required, but solaris 9 doesn't have one so platforms builds on 10 and
merges in: this would be though a huge time expense. Can it be overridden?

Riccardo