Python 2.7.11

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Jan 19 10:33:38 CET 2016

Hu Jubal,

Am 19.01.2016 um 10:19 schrieb Jubal Skaggs <jubal at opencsw.org>:
> Ah yes!  Thank you Dago,
>
> I was able to test it out on sparc and x86 and everything has worked well for me.  I was ready to bring it up to the next level and get it into "testing" but fear got the best of me.  I'd be happy to bump it up to 2.7.11, can you give me some guidance as to how to promote the package and what kind of review process there is for something in place for the promotion?  I'd hate to push something out that didn't meet opencsw standards.

First commit your changes. The rule is „commit early“ so changes do not get lost.
„svn status“ must give an empty result, when you have that UNCOMMITED goes away:
  http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#jubal
Please do not distribute any stuff that as UNCOMMITTED in the name as it is not
reproducable.

Just bump to 2.7.11, commit and put new packages in the experimental directory,
then ask people to test (e.g. on IRC and maintainers@ and users@). If there is
no negative feedback in a couple of days you can upload the packages with
  csw-upload-pkg <pkg1> <pkg2> …
from „login“. The promotion to testing is automatic after 14 days without reported
bugs:
  http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/package-promotions/promote-packages.html

Best regards

  — Dago