replacement getline function

Oliver Kiddle opk at opencsw.org
Mon Oct 10 11:03:35 CEST 2016

Peter FELECAN wrote:
> > reprepro/trunk/files/0004-implement-missing-getline-function.patch
> >
> > I included the first in a mail to the nmh list and there were comments
> > made that it "whiffs a bit" and that we should have an attribution.
>
> The second one whiffs also ? If so, suggest amelioration path.

No comments were made on the second. It looks perfectly fine to me.
And as the person who made those comments[1] hasn't been forthcoming
with their own implementation, I'm inclined to commit the second
(i.e. yours) and he's welcome to change it later.

> My implementation is based on the manual page on systems where it exist,
> such as GNU/Linux. Consequently, if you need an attribution I can give
> it to you.

I had assumed that you had probably cribbed it from elsewhere but if it
is your work, that's easier. I do need an attribution in some form.
Either a suitable comment that can be placed before it in the code or if
you want, I could commit getline with git commit --author= naming you,
treating it as just a regular code contribution to nmh.

Thanks

Oliver

[1] http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2016-09/msg00177.html