IRC under attack

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Aug 5 03:08:29 CEST 2018

On Sat, Aug 04, 2018 at 10:18:45PM +0200, Laurent Blume wrote:
> Le 2018/08/01 23:46 +0200, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński a écrit:
> > On Wed, Aug 01, 2018 at 10:39:41PM +0200, Laurent Blume wrote:
>
> > I changed the channel to +r, hopefully it'll make things better.
> >
> > --Maciej
> >

> Good evening,
>
> It doesn't seem to help, sadly :/ That crap is getting worse.
> There must be some magic missing...

I joined the channel and saw bots entering it, and leaving spammy messages.
I also noticed that the +r flag was gone from the channel! I don't know why or
how it happened. I've been disconnected from IRC in the meantime.

I've used instructions from https://botbot.me/how-to-setup-irc-channel/ to make
the channel invite-only. This time I read the instructions carefully (duh!) and
the setup worked. I've added all nicks currently on the channel to the list, and
nobody else. I didn't add Dago, I didn't remember his Freenode nickname.

Dago, see the above instructions to add yourself to the invite list.

Basically:
/mode #channelname +I $a:<nickofperson>

Let's see if the new setup works.

--Maciej