ICU update

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 20 11:56:56 CET 2018

Hi,

again, I answer myself :) this time I hope I have an easy question.

On 2018-02-16 11:59:48 +0100 Riccardo Mottola via maintainers
<maintainers at lists.opencsw.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> to update gnustep-base I'd need an ICU update on Solaris 9: the one
> there
> gets detected, but is too old.
> (I guess GNUstep could be better at version detecion, but that's
> another
> thing).
>

> I think I need at least v52
>
> Did somebody already attempt this.. is it known impossible and/or
> something
> that will cause a total dependecy breakage?

Actually, I perhaps can get away with v50. Then I will have a one-shot
attempt at fixing v52, I might have a trick.

v50 builds!
However when I package, I get a problem because the test fails:

ALL TESTS SUMMARY:
ok:  testdata iotest cintltst
===== ERRS:  intltest
gmake[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/rmottola/opencsw/libicu50/trunk/work/solaris9-sparc/build-isa-sparcv8/icu/source/test'
gmake: *** [check-recursive] Error 2
gmake: Leaving directory
`/home/rmottola/opencsw/libicu50/trunk/work/solaris9-sparc/build-isa-sparcv8/icu/source'

am I understanding correctly ?

However, I see all tests pass except one:
          TestEnumSet {
          TODO!! This test doesn't fail on error. Convert printf into
error assert.

          } OK:   TestEnumSet

I would got and package anyway, may I skip tests for solaris9 only?
how?

Thank you!

Riccardo