issue with bogus override

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Jan 22 21:16:22 CET 2019

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 02:58:43PM +0100, Riccardo Mottola via maintainers wrote:
> You are right! sorry didn't notice. Also, the other override ispresent for
> both /usr/local and /usr/share
>
> I wonder why this did not happen in the old release package! But fixed now.

Maybe if you check the difference between the previosly existing overrides and
the new ones, you'll see what changed. Maybe the files with bad content
changed location?

> I also don't think that the file gets installed twice, but it must be some
> peculiarity of the packaging?

What do you mean by the file getting installed twice? That it occurs twice in
a package manifest? Or that two packages contain/own the same path?

As far as I remember this particular check is about the contents of the file.
It was a common mistake that we would create packages that install in /opt/csw
but mistakenly refer to paths in /usr/local, and then fail. For example, it
could be a program that is supposed to look for the default configuration in
${prefix}/foo/foo.conf but instead looks into hardcoded
/usr/local/foo/foo.conf while the file gets installed as
/opt/csw/foo/foo.conf.

Here's the function (13 lines):
https://sourceforge.net/p/gar/code/HEAD/tree/csw/mgar/gar/v2/lib/python/package_checks.py#l679

Hope this helps understand the issue,