[csw-newpkgs] HeadsUp: New libgcrypt libgpg_error

Torrey McMahon Torrey.McMahon at Sun.COM
Tue Jun 29 17:27:45 MEST 2004

Howdy folks. A few things to note

1 - A new version of libgpg_error has been pushed out. This is version
0.6 and will be the current version until I can figure out what the 0.7
version Makefile is doing.

2 - A new version of libgcrypt has been pushed out. This is version
1.2.0,REV=2004.06.28

3 - There are no known compatibility issues with the above updates. You
shouldn't need to recompile pkgs that depend on the above but you might
want to check current bits just to make sure no regressions were introduced.

4 - There was, for a brief period of time, a whacked out version of
libgcrypt versioned 1.19.3. Yes, this number is larger then 1.2.0 and I
apologize for screwing this up. (It's a long story. You really don't
want to know.)

You can tell you have this version if the "pkginfo -l CSWgcrypt" output
looks similar to...

	PKGINST: CSWgcrypt
	NAME: libgcrypt - GNU libcrypt
	CATEGORY: system
	ARCH: sparc
	VERSION: 1.19.3
	[SNIP]

Note the 1.19.3. This is a bad version. Please remove it with "pkgrm
CSWgcrypt" Then run "/opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -U; /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -i
libgcrypt" which should install version 1.2.0,REV=2004.06.28

5 - There will be revisions of opencdk and gnutls in the next couple of
days. I'll send out an other message when that occurs but, just as
above, you shouldn't need to recompile pkgs that depend on them but
checking won't hurt.

Questions to me.