[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs libnspr4, libnspr4_devel, nspr, nspr_devel

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Dec 10 19:34:48 CET 2010

Hmm.. sorry i somehow missed replying to this one...

On 12/9/10, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> No dia 17 de Outubro de 2010 18:20, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>
> escreveu:
>> sorry thought I had mentioned it.
>> it's in Mozilla
>
> I'll point out that there's one more package that contains
> /opt/csw/share/aclocal/nspr.m4.  I don't know all the details about
> the way you implemented checking for collisions, but I recall you
> mentioning a unique index on the path column in the files table.  If
> that's how you implemented it, you had to make the data in this column
> unique.

yup

>  If there were already two files with the same path, you
> probably had to delete one of them.  If this is what you did, you lost
> the information about other packages which contain conflicting files.
> Right now, if we fix CSWmozilla, your database will think that there
> is no collision any more, while there in fact will be one.

For some old,bad packages, I had to compromise, and not register them
in the collision database. Given non-purity of existing data, we have
two tables; a no-limits one(which the web references for searches),
and a collisions one.

I'll accept the libnspr4 packages for filename purposes, if CSWmozilla
is cleaned up.

The only other collision is "sunbird", It is obsolete.
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/
  "We recommend upgrading to Thunderbird 3 and Lightning 1.0 beta2."

If someone packaged up lightning, i would be very happy to drop our
sunbird package.
I'd like to just drop it anyway, but since we dont have any vaguely
comparable functionality in another package, I am reluctant to do so.