[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs clamav, libclam6, libclam6_devel

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Dec 24 01:52:30 CET 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Thu Dec 23 13:18:27 -0500 2010:

> >     "Allowable for run-time-only data. Do not deliver files in package
> >     here."
> >
> > While this we seem to run contrary to what I said above, it's
> > ambiguous at best.
> >

> seems pretty non-ambiguous to me.

In the context of this discussion, yes, but without this context, that
statement alone is ambiguous.

> "run time only". == "only data generated at run time".

You're extrapolating.  The word 'generated' is not in the wording, so
it doesn't count.  It could also be expanded to "only data used at run
time."

> "run time" == "when program is running".

Nobody is arguing this.

Do you have reference to the discussion where we decided not to
deliver files directly in /var/opt/csw?  I vaguely recall it but can't
find it and I don't see a good reason for it at the present time.

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton