[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs plib

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 18 23:41:04 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:

>> okay. please remove from newpkgs until you are ready
>
> I would prefer it if you as release manager would move around
> or delete things there.

however, that would make more work for people who had spent a lot of
time putting together binaries or something in the package, needed to
make an adjustment, and did not make a copy of it.

both ways potentially irritate someone.
However, ONE of the ways, means less work for ME. exponentially less.
Therefore, I choose that way :)

> Or we need a
> "revoke submission" option in submitpkg.

and/or an "overwrite old version" option.
which should really be default behaviour, in my opinion.