[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs file, libmagic, py_libmagic

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Jun 8 19:16:08 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> No dia 8 de Junho de 2010 17:59, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
>>
>> You might have been able to make a symlink pointing to it, from /opt/csw/gnu...
>> except that /opt/csw/gnu/file is already taken, by GNU file?
>
> Is it really taken?  Our search[1] doesn't find it.  I think this
> package is the GNU file.

Oh.. Umm.. Hmm. I thought we already had that. wiierrdd......

> I could just rename it to
> /opt/csw/bin/gfile, following our tradition.  In this batch I'm really
> only interested in libmagic and py_libmagic.  If you don't mind
> releases these two now, it would be great.  I can provide newer
> CSWfile (renamed to gfile) tomorrow.

Mmm.. since they dont depend on anything else, I consider this....
but the naming for those is very bad :-(

"magic"? "libmagic"? yikes.
Do linux distributions really use that upstream naming, for their own
package names?