[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs freetds, freetds_doc

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 25 23:43:46 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Am 25.06.2010 um 18:12 schrieb Philip Brown:
>> you didnt clean up the old stuff. Grrr.
>
> I don't understand why you don't modify your release scripts to delete files
> aftewards (or move them in released/ or rejected/). It is one line of code and
> it belongs to the release process, not the submit process.

Consider this:

If a maintainer submits a package... but then realizes they made a
mistake, and submits a new package, before I even get to it... it
should not be my job to cleanup their older junk.
The submitpkg program should take care of removing the old stuff automatically.

and if it should take care of it in that case, it makes sense for it
to always do that.