[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs freetds, freetds_doc

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 28 09:34:02 CEST 2010

Hi Phil,

Am 25.06.2010 um 23:43 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Dagobert Michelsen
> <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Am 25.06.2010 um 18:12 schrieb Philip Brown:
>>> you didnt clean up the old stuff. Grrr.
>>
>> I don't understand why you don't modify your release scripts to
>> delete files
>> aftewards (or move them in released/ or rejected/). It is one line
>> of code and
>> it belongs to the release process, not the submit process.
>
> Consider this:
>
> If a maintainer submits a package... but then realizes they made a
> mistake, and submits a new package, before I even get to it... it
> should not be my job to cleanup their older junk.
> The submitpkg program should take care of removing the old stuff
> automatically.

True. Consider this: A maintainer pushes a package which you reject
and erranously chose a broken catalog name. The rejection script can
get rid of it, the submitpkg script can not. Same is true if the
maintainer won't bother updating a rejected package - and exactly
that is happening: newpkgs/ is filling up with old stuff. Not good.

I see two usecases here: One is the overriding of packages which have
not been processed (which should go into submitpkg), the other one is
for packages that are rejected (which should go into releasepkg).