[csw-pkgsubmissions] Subject: newpkgs mercurial

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 8 09:35:57 CET 2010

* rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org> wrote:
>    i let it run now with "screen" instead of nohup.
>
>    and, i get testing failures - but as these tests take forever i am not
>    sure if anybody did run them before:
>
>    Running all tests in getopt_tests.py [30/71]...success
>    Running all tests in basic_tests.py [31/71]...FAILURE
>    Running all tests in checkout_tests.py [32/71]...success
>    Running all tests in commit_tests.py [33/71]...FAILURE
>    Running all tests in update_tests.py [34/71]...

Regarding the tests: I had them running for the 1.6.6 build and back
then they all passed successfully (except for those ones which are
XFAILs, i.e. expected to fail). Even if they take long, I wouldn't ship
a subversion build w/o running them all. That's a lot of testing
coverage which we - as a distro - get for free.

The build/test runtimes are also documented in the GAR Makefile.

Sebastian