[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs magit

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 22 17:02:59 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:

>> but that being said, I would otherwise accept it... except that the
>> VENDOR line is improper.
>> Needs to be http or ftp worse case.
>> "git://" does not fly.
>
> Oops.  Will fix.  I assume we only accept ftp:// since all browsers
> will do anonymous ftp too?

yes. but even then, it's only acceptible if there is no actual website
for the software.
Reason being, its normally easy to get from website -> downloading software,
but sometimes it is more difficult to go from   download location ->
"home page".
The url given should still be reasonably close to the url used to find
"where to download", particularly for large complicated sites.