[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_gd

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Mon May 17 23:27:17 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Am 17.05.2010 um 18:18 schrieb Philip Brown:
>>
>> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 6:08 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The problem is libgd, which currently binds against OpenCSW X11.
>>> Until that is split into CSWgd and CSWcxgd I cannot do much.
>>> CSWpmgd already depends on CSWxpm which pulls in CSWlibxpm
>>> which pulls in CSWx11, so directly depending on X11 now does
>>> not make the situation worse. I updated the wiki-page to
>>> review CSWgd.
>>
>> Yuck.
>>
>> Thanks for doing the detective work, and the docs.
>
> So until all this is sorted out you release the updated
> pm_gd, ok? It is better than the current version.

Mmm... sorry, dont think so :( I'm not going to allow through any more
packages that go in the "wrong direction" from our currently
determined course.

Ben should, in theory, have been done with the xrender compile last
weekend, although I dont see a package yet.
Then it should be pretty trivial for someone to recompile libxpm, and
then you can do gd, etc.

If you dont want to wait for Ben, I could in theory accept my
hand-compiled libxrender package in from testing, temporarily.

lessee, chain is:

libxrender:  Ben
libxpm:   William
gd:         Rodger