[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs libserf

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue May 18 19:12:04 CEST 2010

No dia 18 de Maio de 2010 18:02, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> escreveu:
>> I've looked at this package and it seems like
>> opt/csw/lib/libserf-0.so.0.0.0 has libapr-1.so.0 as NEEDED, but the
>> libserf package doesn't depend on CSWapr (which provides
>> libapr-1.so.0).  If this is OK, why is it?
>>

> oh. . good question.
>
> the reason, is that my checking, unfortunately associated the libapr
> need, as contained in CSWapache2rt.
>
> IN theory, as things stand right now, libserf is okay, since we have
> an existing apach2rt that provides "libapr-1.so.0"

Right, I see it now.  It's something that is on my plate.  When there
are two packages providing the same soname, checkpkg will expect a
dependency on the package that provides the one which is first in
RPATH.  The goal is to have checkpkg say:  "You need to depend on
either CSWapr or CSWapache2rt".  It's not there yet, it'll require
some internals refactoring.

Thanks for clarifying.  I'll send out a notification when it gets
sorted out on the checkpkg side.