[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_calendarsimple

Jonathan Craig jcraig at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 1 20:47:08 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:

> ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 6: Duplicate entry '/opt/csw/bin/pcal' for key 1
> DB Update failed. Possibly a filename collision
>

> it appears it is colliding with a package originally created long long
> ago, when lengths were even shorter :-}
>
> pm_calendarsimp
>

> And unfortunately, there is a pre-existing dependency on it.
>
> "rt".
> Quite a useful package.

My bad, I didn't see it in GAR so I simply set it up.  I should have
thought about the need to re-use the old package name (obviously not
in GAR).  Is there a simple way for me to extricate myself from this
predicament? Do I need to delete my SVN stuff and rebuild it using the
original name or follow on to the "rt" package and rebuild that with
the new name as its dependency (same maintainer as Calendar::Simple,
who is retired).  Something will have to be done because the "rt"
package is essentially dead as it can no longer get this dependent
package.