[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs openldap, openldap_client, openldap_d(...)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Nov 2 17:19:24 CET 2010

On 11/2/10, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> No dia 1 de Novembro de 2010 16:56, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>
> escreveu:

>> Ben, can you make the output be more friendly to maintainers?
>> eg: give them a specific header, "Hey there, GAR checkpkg suggests you
>> may want to add the following lines to your GAR file"
>>
>> It would be even nicer if it give explanatory comments on a
>> section-by-section basis.
>
> How about the following example?  http://paste.pocoo.org/show/284956/

This bit is nice. I think it might be improved further though:

# Checkpkg suggests adding the following lines to the GAR recipe:
# This is a summary; see above for details.
# Suggesting how to separate out shared libraries.
# You will most probably need to further edit these lines. Use with caution!

(Disclaimer; I'm obviously not a gar expert, so I'm making comments
only on the output I see from the above url)

The first two lines, start the general "gar suggestions" section.
The next two lines, are a reasonable explaination of "What all these
CSWliblber2-3-0
type lines do".

I think it could be improved, by visually tying those "next two lines"
to the output below.
Putting in a sub-section marker or something? Otherwise, they just
seem part of the prior two lines.

Also, I think it would be helpful if the use of '#' was more consistent.
It's nice that the "start section" comments have the "#" prepended to them.

So it's then a bit visually confusing when the lower down stuff, such as

"Applying the overrides and analyzing the results.
If any of the reported errors were false positives, you can override t"

does not have the "#".

Basically, I'm suggesting that there be more visual separation between
output lines of
"Here's stuff you might want to actually cut-n-paste into your GAR recipie". vs
"here's stuff you just should scan through.

So that's my suggestion, do what you like with it :)