[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs drill, libldns1, libldnsdevel, libunb(...)

Ihsan Dogan ihsan at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 16 16:11:51 CET 2010

Hello Phil,

Because of http://wiki.opencsw.org/packaging-shared-libraries .

> It's worth noticing that the software's own name, is "ldns".
> As noted by the URL that you still preserve in the pkginfo itself:
>
> http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/projects/ldns/
>
> so calling the package "libldns" seems to be against the author's
> wishes to some degree.

It doesn't say that I can't name the package libldns1.

> and then there is the needless making it "libldns1" instead of just
> plain "libldns".
> What is up with this stuff?

I've spent quite some time with packaging and testing unbound and
libldns1 properly and I really don't see what's wrong with these packages.

Ihsan

--
ihsan at dogan.ch		http://blog.dogan.ch/