[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs texinfo

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Oct 4 11:39:11 CEST 2010

Hi Phil,

Am 04.10.2010 um 00:44 schrieb Philip Brown:
>> Am 02.10.2010 um 02:01 schrieb Philip Brown:
>>>
>>> ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 18: Duplicate entry '/opt/csw/bin/
>>> texi2pdf' for
>>> key 1
>>> DB Update failed.
>>>
>>> clash with tetex
>>
>> As Peter said this is a long-standing issue which should be solved
>> by removing the file from tetex. The associated bugs are
>>  https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=3508 (tetex)
>>  https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=4318 (texinfo)
>>
>> I suggest to release texinfo as it is as Peter is already working
>> on a fixed tetex.
>
> That would require me either doing nasty by-hand stuff to our
> registration database, or me releasing the package without properly
> registering it.

Or just add an override of the check? The issue has been there for
a long time and CSWtexinfo is the correct package. It would be
most useful to just override the test and say "texinfo is the
correct package".

> Neither sound good to me.
> I'll wait until tetex update is ready first.

Umh.... no. Given the size of the package it will take 3-4 weeks
to finish (Peter: right?) and I fixed the bug due to user request
on the same day he reported the bug. It would be bad to stall now
for "technical" reasons.