[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs libxslt, libxslt_devel, py_libxslt

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 12 02:25:29 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Mon Oct 11 13:52:58 -0400 2010:

> 1. you seem to be wanting to change the PKG name of py_libxslt, and
>    you did not mention it

Yes, and I realized after hitting the 'fire' button that I'd omitted
that.

> 2. you added a conflict to the older package

Yup.

> 3. You also added a conflict to CSWpylibxslt, **in libsxlt**.

Thinking about the upgrade path here, as there is a _package_ name
change, that may not show up in a pkgutil -UC, etc.  I wanted the
updated of CSWlibxslt to trigger the removal of the old package name,
thus pointing the path to the name change.

> Since there seem to be zero dependancies on CSWpylibxslt, I wont
> strongly object to the rename there. But you do need to remove it
> from the C lib package, and you'll need to announce the change
> (announce list) when the package is fixed and released.

Roger that.  If you want a re-roll without the I in the C lib, I also
won't strongly object, I just thought it would ease the name change.

-Ben
--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS