[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs postfix

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Thu Sep 2 20:32:43 CEST 2010

* Philip Brown <phil at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 3:43 AM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> > Anything but "minor" ;)
> >
> > * postfix: minor version upgrade
> >  - from: 2.4.6,REV=2008.05.28
> >  -   to: 2.7.1,REV=2010.09.01
> >[plus lots of directory changes]
>
> Awesome!
>
> Erm.. dangit.. i was JUST going to say "batched".. but I noticed you
> used CSWbdb42 for this.
> I vaguely recall reading that 42 actually has some bugs, and usually,
> 43 is the reasonable minimum. Why did you pick 42 for this?

It needs to be the same bdb version that SASL uses (which currently is
42). Documented in the Makefile [1].

# Activate support for hash and btree lookup tables
# http://www.postfix.org/DB_README.html. !! Takeaway: Use same DB as SASL !!
# "If you compile Postfix with a different Berkeley DB implementation,
# then every Postfix program will dump core because either the system
# library, the SASL library, or Postfix itself ends up using the wrong version."

Might be wise to prominently place this note in the SASL Makefile too.

Sebastian

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/postfix/trunk/Makefile#L175