[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs mutt, mutt_base, mutt_ncurses, mutt_slang

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sat Sep 18 16:51:50 CEST 2010

On Thursday, September 16, 2010, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Am 17.09.2010 um 00:30 schrieb Philip Brown:
>
> Wouldnt it make sense to have the Muttrc, be a more cross-system
> 'global', than an individual one?
> If so, wouldnt it be better to keep it in /opt/csw/etc ?
>

> IMHO not. Having stuff in /opt/csw/etc is only good if there is
> no reason whatsoever to have zone-specific files. I can't see
> this is true in this case.

I think we have to differentiate between "possible" and "reasonable".

why would anyone reasonably change it for a zone?
I would think that would only happen on extreme cases.

the reason I'm being particular about this, is that it would seem far
more likely to me for a site to want to have all machines deploy mutt
with the SAME configuration.(and I have had specific experience as a
site admin doing this with mutt )

Putting the default location in /etc makes that much more difficult.
whereas if you put the default in /opt/csw/etc, they could make it a
symlink, in the unlikely event they wanted zones to be different