[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs dialog

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 4 18:59:07 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 1:11 AM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> We don't know - but simply assume - that people actually care whether
> dialog comes with additional dependencies. OTOH, what we do know for
> sure is that support for different terminals is definitly more robust
> and less likely to break when apps are linked to our CSWncurses (because
> this implies TERMINFO=/opt/csw/share/terminfo).
>
> So why the heck do we go in circles around this topic every time it pops
> up?

Well, we do know for a fact that some of our "customers" do care about
size of packages, and needless downloads.
The question then becomes whether or not it is "needless".

It seems clear that for those customers that dont care about color, it
is needless.
What other examples of "breakage" do you know of?