[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs rdesktop

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 4 20:20:07 CET 2011

2011/2/4 Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>:
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 12:25 AM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>
>>> shouldnt you changed the rev to 1.6.0patched or something like that then?
>>
>> The change in the REV stanza is not enough?
>
> well, making it REV=2001.01.17.patched  or something would be fine too.
> I think its important to let our users know, "this is not just
> rdesktop 1.6.0 source".

We rarely ship software built from unpatched sources.  What you're
talking about here, is an issue which can potentially affect a very
large portion of the catalog.  I have two questions:

- Why has it become an issue all of a sudden?
- Why have this discussion while blocking a package release?

Maciej