[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs dialog

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Sat Feb 12 19:26:30 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Philip Brown <phil at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> It has now been firmly established that "in reality",  I properly
>> reported what I was seeing.
>> (and that there is a loophole or two in GAR that needs to be fixed.
>> But that's a separate topic).
>
> That's one way of looking at it, another is that it's common practice
> to make sure the local repo is up to date.

I believe it has already been acknowleged by the GAR team, (after
complaints by people other than me about it)
 that having to update your entire repo every time is a "bug", and
that it is supposed to be addressed.

(by having a shared instance of GAR.. ideally as package, installed on
the buildfarm, so everyone is always automatically on the same version
of GAR, if memory serves me correctly)