[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs git, git_completion, git_cvs, git_dev(...)

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 3 18:52:16 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri Jun 03 11:46:30 -0400 2011:

> A slight adjustment, since Dagobert just posted on the maintainers
> list that he changed his position on the issue(and he suggested that
> we proceed that way without voting):
> Will you now act in the way you seem to think I should act, and change
> *your* position?

Fine.  It's not worth a vote over something so dumb.  I think that
filename grouping is a bit more useful than searching the catalog, but
still not much, imo.  Either way, I can see that I'm now the minority
position.

> Or will you insist on having a vote?

No, I value the time of all involved and wouldn't waste it on
something like this.

> either way, it would be beneficial to see an official notice on how
> things will work.
> ie: a writeup by "the board", on how official votes are triggered.

Sure.  Once I've cleared a few other things away I'll sit down and
draft something.

Thanks
-Ben
--