[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs parallel

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 2 19:50:35 CET 2011

Hi Phil,

Am 02.03.2011 um 19:45 schrieb Philip Brown:
> Hmmm...
> batched, since its no worse than previous.
> But for future versions.. or if you are in a cleanup mood...
> It seems wrong to allow this package to claim the namespace of
> /opt/csw/bin/sql

Probably when something comes around that needs /opt/csw/bin/sql.
Until then I would prefer to stay pristine uptsream.

> As a comparison, debian seems to contain the 'parallel' util, in a larger collection of utils, called "moreutils".
> It does not contain this 'sql' binary/tool.

That is completely different and "parallel" from there is obsolete:
  http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg825134.html

> On the flip side.. the "sql" util does seem useful in and of itself, when I read its docs. but having it in a package named "parallel" just seems rather wrong.
>
> Maybe worth splitting it out into its own package?

Not until there actually is a collision.