[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs libffi5, libffi_dev, libffi_stub

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue May 3 19:43:20 CEST 2011

2011/5/3 Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>:
> that gets in the way of use of stub packages, I think.

Is this libffi update a special case, or is it a later stage of a
standard package transition process?  In a typical case, we have:

CSWfoo/foo ← CSWbar/bar

(where foo is a library)

After the first first stage of the transition, we have:

CSWlibfoo1/libfoo1 ← CSWfoo/foo_stub ← CSWbar/bar
CSWlibfoo-dev/libfoo_dev ← CSWfoo/foo_stub
CSWfoo/foo_stub (no dependent packages)

When CSWbar is rebuilt:

CSWlibfoo1/libfoo1 ← CSWbar/bar
CSWlibfoo-dev/libfoo_dev ← CSWfoo/foo_stub
CSWfoo/foo_stub (no dependent packages)

This is not the last step; we need to get rid of the _stub package.
What is the complete list of steps to remove CSWfoo/foo_stub?

Maciej