[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs bacula, bacula_client, bacula_client_(...)

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri May 13 21:23:52 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Thu May 12 16:36:11 -0400 2011:

> old:
> bacula_client   == bconsole, gconsole, bacula-fd, and assorted bacular tools
> bacula_gnome == bgnome-console, bregex, bwild
>
> new:
> bacula_client (stub)   == (rename, plus pulls in bacula-fd)??
> bacula_gnome(stub) == (pulls in bacula_client), does nothing else, I think
>
> Why have a stub for bacula_gnome at all?
> You describe it as " Obsolete bacula gnome console "
> Why not just remove from catalog?

No, looking at this again, I do want it this way.  I want people that
had bacula_gnome to get the new (obsolete) package.  There is no
replacement functionality for this currently.  I don't have any other
good point to mark it as Incompatible, so I'm providing a stub.

> as far as bacula_client_stub.. .seems like it needs to also pull in
> bacula_console, to consistently upgrade/replace the older instance
> of the bacula_client package?

See previous.  I was confusing bacula_gnome with the tray monitor
functionality, but my argument is the same.  Most sites installing the
client package wanted the file daemon.  This upgrade will provide
that.  Having the tray-monitor go missing after upgrade while maybe
not ideal will not break anything and is easily discoverable.

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton