[csw-users] Re: [users] Getting GNOME going?

Calvin Smith calvin_g_smith at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 22:18:42 CEST 2004

Ah, I see. I'm just a little early. Well just let us
users know when the full distro is ready.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

-Calvin

--- Michael Gernoth <michael at blastwave.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 04:02:48PM -0700, Calvin
> Smith wrote:
> > I've pkg-got everything that looks like it might
> have
> > something to do with GNOME 2.6 and currently am at
> > loss as to what to do next. There doesn't seem to
> be a
> > nautilus package, I don't see a gnome-session,
> > gnome-panel or other important gnome binaries
> anywhere
> > in the /opt/csw tree and am not sure where to
> continue
> > from here. Am I missing something obvious? Any
> help
> > would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Don't try it just now.
> We are currently in progress of providing a complete
> gnome-
> desktop and I am planning on providing a meta
> 'gnome'-package
> which depends on all necessary things and provides a
> dtlogin
> integration.
> But in the current state, I don't think much will
> work.
>
> Please wait a few days, it looks like there could be
> a working
> gnome-desktop maybe tomorrow :-)
>
> Regards,
>   Michael

=====
-Calvin

 "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain . . ."
-- translation of "Lorem ipsum ... "  (http://www.straightdope.com/columns/010216.html)