[csw-users] Re: [csw-newpkgs] xfig 3.2.4

Oscar del Rio delrio at mie.utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 19 21:01:32 CEST 2004

Andreas Almroth wrote:

> xfig version 3.2.4 is now added to our repository.
> As 3.2.4 had problems with xaw3d on solaris, a patch from the xaw3d
> maintainer   was applied and it seems to work quite well now.

Thanks for xfig!

When I start it up it complains about not finding the app-defaults
file, and it starts with the "ugly" colorless interface.

This is what I did to "fix" it:

# Install the app-defaults files
cd /opt/csw/share/xfig/
cp Fig Fig-color /opt/csw/lib/X11/app-defaults/

# make a xfig wrapper - either replace xfig or
# create a new "xfig-color" command.
# In my case I replaced xfig:

cd /opt/csw/bin
cp xfig xfig-3.2.4

# xfig wrapper script

#!/bin/sh
# Wrapper for xfig-3.2.4
XFILESEARCHPATH=/opt/csw/lib/X11/%T/%N%C:/usr/openwin/lib/%T/%N%C
export XFILESEARCHPATH
exec /opt/csw/bin/xfig-3.2.4 -xrm "*customization: -color" "$@"

Maybe there's an easier/cleaner way to enable the color interface
but the above works fine for me.

Regards

Oscar