[csw-users] Gnome 2.6 installation on NFS server

Daniel K. Gebhart dkg at blastwave.org
Fri Apr 23 16:22:35 CEST 2004

Hi,

 I wanted to install gnome 2.6 on our system today. I copied the dtlogin
files from the nfs server to all of the clients.

/usr/dt/config/C/Xresources.d/Xresources.CSWgnome
/usr/dt/config/Xinitrc.CSWgnome
/usr/dt/config/Xsession2.CSWgnome
/usr/dt/config/Xsession.CSWgnome

 But when I try to login "Gnomde (CSW)" now, I'll get two errors. The
first is a warning which tells me that there are other opened gnome
sessions. The second is the one which tells me that I'll not be able to
write to /opt/csw/* because its read-only (nfs). Is there already a
solution for this problem?

kind regards,
 daniel

--
Daniel K. Gebhart, <dkg(at)con-fuse.org> -- http://dkg.con-fuse.org/
The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to