[csw-users] Remove all Sun provided Gnome packages

Bruno Saverio Delbono bruno.s.delbono at mail.AC
Tue Apr 27 04:04:20 CEST 2004

Mike Arnold wrote:
> http://docs.sun.com/db/doc/806-6875/6jfpo1h6q?q=gnome+uninstall&a=view
>
> /usr/sbin/remove-gnome

No such command on  Solaris 9 8/03  and above. Here's my dirty hack to
check to remove all sun gnome packages

# pkginfo | grep GNOME | cut -d' ' -f7

On a working system, this comes up to be:

# pkginfo | grep GNOME| cut -d' ' -f7|wc -l
      142

This should print off the list of Sun installed gnome packages. I custom
edited my jumpstart packaged (read: rm -rf *gnome* in the product dir)
which cleaned up all the gnome packages. However using the first method
you should be able to get a list of packages to be de-installed

Now to my second question. How do I uninstall evolution and all of it's
deps in a simple manner?

Regards,

-Bruno