[csw-users] gcc 3.3.x library package?

Mike Russo miker at readq.com
Wed Aug 18 23:24:49 CEST 2004

Ever since gcc3 was upgraded to v3.4.1, I find myself unable to run C++
binaries compiled with the previous gcc 3.3.3 package. I know they
changed the ABI slightly (again), and of course symlinking
libstdc++.so.6 to so.5 doesn't help for the versioned symbols. Is there
a package I can install to get this functionality back?
    In fact, the KDE-gcc libs out there right now won't run because of
this. (And the koffice_gcc package for i386 wound up installing SPARC
binaries on my system).
    Also, I ran mkheaders for my up-to-date solaris9_x86 install but I'm
still having trouble compiling things with gcc 3.4.1 -- is there a way
of using pkg-get to go back to a previous version?

well i sure brought up a lot of complaints, but the blastwave.org
packages made my life simpler in many ways! this is a tough undertaking
but it is really cool, and better than sun's freeware distribution methods.

-mike