[csw-users] pureftpd

Richard D Sun rsun at wlgore.com
Thu Aug 26 16:49:59 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm hoping that one of you has encountered this, but I installed the
pureftpd package and I can't get it to work properly on some of my
servers.

The one difference I found is that we paid Sun to install several Solaris
9 system and none of them are working.  The systems I set up, don't have
this problem.

This is the error I get:

220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.
220-Local time is now 10:44. Server port: 21.
220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Name (ra:root): rsun
331 User rsun OK. Password required
Password:
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
Login failed.
No control connection for command: No such file or directory
ftp>

Is there some sort of file I'm missing or some sort of permission problem?

Let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks.

Richard D. Sun 孫達
W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
mailto:rsun at wlgore.com (preferred)
Tel: (410)506-4168, Fax: (410)506-4400
http://www.gore.com

Gore Associates: Change the "Delivery Options" of your message to "High"
Importance to page me immediately.